Opening the Door to a Better Life
Proudly affiliated with University Hospital, Broadway House for Continuing Care has gained national recognition for our unique brand of comprehensive care. Simply put, our reputation speaks for itself. We have earned countless state and national awards for excellence in healthcare. In recent years, a few of our prestigious awards and honors include:
- 2014– Five-Star Rating by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- 2014– Ranked as one of “America’s Best Nursing Homes” by U.S. News & World Report
- 2013– Broadway House was awarded the 2013 NJ Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NJHPCO)
- 2013– Zachary Morfogen Prize for Excellence in Palliative Care
- 2012– The Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey awarded Broadway House a six-figure grant for technological upgrades.
- 2011– The City of Newark honored Broadway House for its many years of work to eradicate homelessness through emergency services and assistance.
A Population That Needs Our Help
The HIV and AIDS epidemic has hit New Jersey particularly hard. According to the Center for Disease Control, New Jersey ranks as one of top ten states in the nation for population living with HIV/AIDS, with more than 37,000 people. The majority of them live in Essex, Hudson, Passaic and Union counties, which are all served by Broadway House.
Thanks to breakthroughs in treatment and medicine, people are living much longer with the HIV virus. With the proper care and education, the majority of them are able to go back to their homes and live long, productive lives as members of the community. That is our ultimate goal, and what drives us every single day.
Treating the Whole Person
This approach is at the heart of what we do. So when our residents leave Broadway House and rejoin their communities, they have the tools and preparation they need to live a life of dignity, respect and joy.
Broadway House for Continuing Care provides world-class healthcare, educational and rehabilitative services to people living with HIV/AIDS, enabling them to rejoin their communities and live productive, dignified lives.
Partners in Our Mission
These organizations you see here are more than donors. They are our partners, in the truest sense of the word.